Sunday, December 9, 2012

A prize! (and a VERY eventful weekend)

This is the terrific prize I've won
from Marcia at Crafty Sewing and Quilting.
    Color me lucky! Marcia at Crafty Sewing and Quilting emailed me this week that I'm a winner! Pardon all the exclamation points, but I never win anything and this is a really nice prize. I get three great fat quarters and a really cool pattern called Summer Tomatoes. It's just the type of pattern I love best. I'm tickled pink. Thanks, Marcia!
     I've been following her blog for a while and I enjoy seeing what she's up to. She also has some pretty awesome tutorials on her site.
     I'm also pretty tired. We had a pretty exciting weekend here on Pinehurst Drive. Saturday night we discovered we had no water. We called our plumber, who's awesome, by the way, and he diagnosed a well problem. DH wouldn't hear of calling the well company on Saturday evening (it was after 9 p.m., you see), so we called today (Sunday) around 10:30 a.m.
    Someone came out, checked it all out and said we needed a new well pump and a new holding tank. He said he'd send someone out. Believe it or not, a young couple (man and woman) showed up about 11:30 and they went to work on pulling the well pump. They replaced the piping, the well pump and the holding tank and were gone a little after 2:30 p.m.
     We had to wait a little while and run the water for a while before we could use it, but now we have water! You never know how much you use something like that until you don't have it.
     The first thing I did was wash the dirty dishes that were driving me crazy and then I brushed my teeth. I couldn't stand the cotton mouth any longer!
     Now we just have to get my grandson's broken down car from behind my part of the garage. He had a problem with a brake caliper bracket and I can't get out of the garage. I need it tomorrow. I need to make color copies for guild tomorrow night, and I have NO wiggle room on timing. I really need him to take care of this.
     Did I mention DH had a flat tire while all this was going on? We're too old for all this drama!
Kingwood staffers
decorated this 18-foot tree
     Before all the drama began Saturday evening, we had a great time at a cocktail party at Kingwood Center Friday evening. They have this party every Christmas time for members and guests (DH is a member) and it's soooo pretty there. Various local garden clubs, staff and volunteers help decorate the various rooms using their assigned themes. I was told this year's theme is "A Kaleidoscope of Holiday Color," and each room featured a different color. It was pretty cool!
     The tree in the lobby was an18-feet tall Frazier Fir and featured an estimasted 7000 lights! It was gorgeous! The colors were saphire blue and silver. Stunning! S everal of our friends were there, too. It was great catching up with them. Mansfield is so lucky to have something like Kingwood Center available to us.
     Despite the hiccups and "bumps in the road" today, however, we're incredibly lucky and blessed. We live in a great country with freedoms that millions of others can only dream about. Life is good.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment