Monday, January 14, 2013

I need to get better at this!

Three small quilts that are done (or nearly in
 the case of the butterflies, which need bound) 
Last week I made a list of projects that I felt I could get done this month.   None of the stuff pictured was even on the list! Since I'm new to blogging (and, apparently, accountability), I totally underestimated how long it would take me to machine quilt these 3 items.

The butterflies at the top aren't done yet, but they're close. I need to trim, bind and label and they will be a finish. The hearts and the Holly Hobby are charity quilts that I will take to Guild tonight to donate. They're small, but they're also DONE! (The hearts weren't done in the picture, but they are now.)

So here's where I see a need for improvement: I need to acknowledge everything that's on my sewing "plate," while still advancing with my lists. I've machine quilted and bound 3 (small) quilts in the first 2 weeks of the year and that's good. I haven't even started on my stated goals for the month, and that's BAD!.

That's going to change this week. The FMQ foot is off the machine and I'm going to pull fabrics for Block Lotto blocks today. I may not get to sew until Wednesday, but that will be OK once I have a plan.

Baby steps. I need to remind myself.

I'm linking up with Design Wall Monday and WIP Wednesday. Check out the inspiration!

Updated to add the correct link to WIP Wednesday. (Sorry!)


,
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I am laughing with you. I think all us quilters set goals for ourselves but life gets in the way or, with my situation, I get distracted and all I want to do is read. So, I say, you are among good company....and as you said, "Baby steps!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! I have to laugh at myself. Like you, I'm easily distracted and we all know it's a lot more fun to start something than to finish it.

    ReplyDelete